Saturday, 24 August 2013

Birthday trip to Edinburgh

For a few months, my mum had told me I had to keep the two days after my birthday free.
Obviously I was intrigued, but I liked that it was a surprise and didn't want to know where I was going until my birthday.

On the night of my party, which was the night before my birthday, I was chatting away to a family friend when she came out with,
               "oooh you must be so excited for Edinburgh on Monday!"
Ooops. My mums face just dropped. The surprise she has managed to keep quiet for months had just been revealed!

I found it funny and couldn't help but laugh, but my mum's friend was mortified, she obviously didn't realise it was a surprise trip, poor woman!

Anyway, I was so excited and really didn't care I had been told where I was going because I love Edinburgh and didn't know what we were doing there.

My mum, sister and I drove up and we stayed at the Ten Hill Place which was a lovely, central hotel that had everything we needed for a one night stay.

We spent the Monday shopping on Princes Street and George Street  I went a bit too far with the shopping which meant we had to move the meal reservation to 2 hours later. But with me being the birthday girl there's nothing wrong with that, is there?

We had the meal at Tiger Lily on George Street in the city centre. The restaurant was very cosmopolitan and perfect for a girly meal out.


The food was really good as well as being reasonably priced. We then went into their bar area and finished the night off with cocktails.


The next day was by far one of my favourite days ever: a spa day at One Spa at the Grand Sheraton Hotel.

I had my first taste of haggis when I had the full Scottish breakfast. The buffet was unbelievable, there was every breakfast food out you could imagine, all of the best quality. It looked like an episode of Gossip Girl.
But for £20 a head, and to say I wasn't hungry at all, I thought it was a bit unnecessary.

After breakfast, we were left to roam all the different rooms in the spa. They ranged from saunas, steam rooms, ice buckets and a rooftop hydropool.

There was also a pool which was available to use, so I had a quick swim before my treatments to attempt to burn off the breakfast.

Then for the treatments. An hour and a half of salt scrubs and a full body massage. Fair to say it was the best I've ever had.


I highly recommend both the spa and the restaurant we went to if you're ever planning a visit to Edinburgh.
It was the most perfect girly trip for my 21st!

Lots of love,
Olivia Dee xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Olivia! :) Thank you so much for the lovely comment :) Hope you're not too tired after such a busy weekend! Thank you, I can't wait to get it out the way!! See you Wednesday :D x

    ReplyDelete