I'm used to having my trusty porridge for breakfast to set me up for the day, but there is no way I want standard porridge for breakfast in this heat. So I've been making OVERNIGHT OATS. It's like a cold version of porridge but doesn't require any cooking. The liquid is soaked up by the oats overnight to make a porridge consistency the next morning.
They're so easy to make, so tasty, and saves you faffing around in the morning for those of you who like to lay in bed as long as possible (me being one of those people).
You can adapt the ingredients to suit you, depending on what you usually make it with or what you fancy.
All I do is use the same amount of porridge as soy milk. Mix it up and then leave in the fridge overnight.
On occasion, I have added Greek yoghurt, which makes it creamier and slightly thicker.
Then play around with toppings to make a yummy summery breakfast!
I tend to use a small close up jar as sometimes I like to take it on the go and I think it makes the liquid soak up better overnight.
Here are a couple I have made recently:
![]() |
| Blueberry, banana, and peanut butter |
![]() |
| Pina Colada style! Banana, pineapple and shredded coconut with fresh coconut juice |
Please comment and share your favourite toppings and variations of overnight oats!
Thank you for reading,
Olivia Dee xx
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
No comments:
Post a Comment