Luckily for us, they had loads going on in the area as it was the weekend of the annual 'Ouseburn Fest'.
As soon as we arrived, the area was packed full of people of all ages listening to the live performances of music acts and enjoying the scorching sun.
My inner child came out to play when we visited the Ouseburn Farm, I even went as far as sitting in a circle full of children waiting to hold a rabbit. Stroking little Miffy was well worth the wait.
We decided to try the deer burger from The Feathers Inn BBQ, and it was so good! I've tried quite a few funky burgers in my time, but never deer. And I can probably say it was one of my favourites. The sample menu they had available to look at looked divine, and will definitely be a place I have to visit in my last year of being up in Newcastle.
| (sorry for the shadow, it was just so sunny!) |
After indulging in one too many samples, we then went to one of the pubs, named The Cluny, to drink a Pimms and lemonade and watch Andy Murrary win Wimbledon. All in all, it was pretty much a perfect day!
![]() |
| Where there's sun, there's ice-cream. Raspberry pavlova and cinder toffee flavoured. |
To find out more about Ouseburn, visit the http://www.ouseburnnewcastle.org/.
Hope you all had a lovely weekend!
Olivia Dee xx

No comments:
Post a Comment